Monday, January 17, 2011

Fried Oreos

    I watched the whole season of America's Next Top Model Cycle 15, and I knew from the start that Anne Ward will be on the cover of Vogue Italia.  But we are not going to talk about her winning the competition though.  For those who watched the series, remember those Fried Oreos she made for the other girls?  Well, I made Fried Oreos too! Kinda...

    Me, Stick and our good friend Paz decided to watch The Last Exorcism in my place after our dinner in Parkmall and IT Park.  While watching the movie, I noticed the plastic bag Vhic gave us with stuff for Fried Oreos inside it.  Right after the flick, Paz and Stick YouTubed all the videos of Bruno Mars.  I got bored and offered to make the fried cookies, they said yes right away!  So i did.

    You just need Oreos(duh!), pancake mix, egg, water and a lot of cooking oil.  Beat the egg until frothy, then add it to the pancake mix with one and a half cups of water and 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (the rest of the oil is for deep frying).  Mix it until big lumps disappear.  I followed the instructions on the box of the pancake mix.  My bad!!!  I totally forgot that I was not making pancakes or crepes.  I realized that when there were no more lumps on my mixture!  I thought of buying another box of pancake mix but did I tell you that I made this thing at 3 o'clock in the morning!?!?

    So for those who are planning to cook, just a cup of water or less will do or else you will just have to deal with the extra mixture.  Anyway, this is how my Kinda Almost Fried Oreos looked like:


Dip


Fry


Voila!

    Still delicious!  Because of frying, the cookie softened and became chewy.  Oreo also complimented the vanilla flavor of the pancake mix.  I don't have enough words to describe how it tasted.  You just have to try it for yourselves. 

    As per the left-over mixture, I decided to make real pancakes out of it.  I was looking for a sauce to complete the dish when I remembered the Frey White Chocolate Vhic(again) gave me.

From this...


to this


Pancake with White Chocolate Sauce


    Stick and I spread the white chocolate sauce on top of the thin pancakes, roll it like a cigar and eat it.  It's really really really sweet, which I love.  You can taste the white chocolate goodness, almonds and nougat.  But Paz didn't like it.  She's a dark chocolate... and Bruno Mars fanatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment