Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tabléa Chocolate Café

    I woke up late Monday night for work with one teary eye.  Finally!  Sore eye!  I prayed to have one for the longest time, so I have a valid reason not to work.  I texted my supervisor informing that I will be absent because of my eye.  He didn't reply so I texted Stick asking if he can drive me to the office so I can have myself checked at the clinic.  He said okay but instead of going the office, we went to Tabléa Chocolate Café in JY Square to have a late dinner.


    Just a short fact:  Tabléa are pure cacao tablets made from cacao beans grown in the Philippines.

    I had the Spanish Chorizo Breakfast Plate and Mocha Frio.  Their breakfast plates comes with scrambled egg, rice and atchara. The chorizo is different from the usual sausage you can buy at the barbecue stands, it's compact with meat instead of fat.  Mocha Frio is a blended chocolate and coffee drink in a tall glass.  Dark chocolate lovers will definitely enjoy the bitter-sweet taste of our local chocolate.

Spanish Chorizo Breakfast Plate - Php140

Mocha Frio - Php100

Bangus Breakfast Plate - Php140

the scrambled egg

Special Champorado

Sola - Php60

    Stick loves the hint of smoked flavor of the fish on his Bangus Breakfast Plate and the scrambled egg because it was just seasoned right.  We shared the Special Champorado with corn flakes and peanut butter.  It's also bitter-sweet because of tabléa.  The corn flakes added some crunch to the regular porridge and the peanut butter gave it a twist.




   The servings are not on the ample side considering its price.  I'm only talking about the breakfast plates and the porridge but the rest are reasonably priced.  Tabléa has three stores in Cebu located at the Northwing of SM City, Robinsons Cybergate and JY Square.  We like the ambiance of the latest store, it's small and cozy.  They also have WiFi but it didn't work when we were there and the store closes at 2 in the morning.  So for people looking for a place to eat and craving for chocolates in the middle of the night, this is one of your options.


Tabléa Chocolate Café
G/F JY Square Discovery Mall
Salinas Drive corner Gorordo
Lahug, Cebu City


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tablea-Chocolate-Cafe/142175245799021

No comments:

Post a Comment