Sunday, January 23, 2011

TsiBoom and CoffeeCat

    Sinulog is suppose to be sunny and sore-eye free!  So when we woke up at 9 in the morning with a fat and itchy eye and a gloomy weather I knew that we're going to spend the rest of the day on the bed.  I felt guilt for not celebrating the Mardi Gras on the streets but when I pictured the mud all over my shoes the feeling was all gone. 

    Later that evening, we went to Parkmall to avoid the over-crowded SM and Ayala.  On our way to the mall, I suggested to have dinner in Boosog at The Gallery since I was craving for its Lechon Kawali and Seafood Monggo.  Paz agreed but Stick tricked us, saying there's also Boosog in Parkmall.  I was about to have tantrums when I found out that there's no Boosog in the mall and we are going to have dinner in TsiBoom instead.  Stick told me that the food is the same because it has the same owner.  I told myself that it should better be  the same because I'm going to have THE Lechon Kawali on that night, even if it means going to Boosog alone!  Being lead on and hunger doesn't go well together, it can cause irrational thinking.

    I rapidly asked for Lechon Kawali and Seafood Mongo while Paz ordered Pork Sinigang and Binagoongang Baboy and Stick had the Grilled Squid and Baked Scallops.  

Lechon Kawali

Seafood Monggo

Baked Scallops

Pork Sinigang

Grilled Squid

Binagoongang Baboy

Iced Tea

    Then came the food.  Stick was not kidding, it was the same as Boosog.  I enjoyed my Lechon Kawali, it was crispy and tender.  The Seafood Monggo has shrimps and mussels, it was thick and not watery while the Baked Scallops was creamy, cheesy and you'll be asking for more.  Their Pork Sinigang was surprisingly cheap but it was good.  The sourness was just right and the pork meat was cooked well.  I didn't like the Binagoongang Baboy that much because they didn't put coconut milk on it.  It was like sweet and sour pork with bagoong.  I also wasn't able to taste the Grilled Squid but according to Paz and Stick, it was also tender.  And oh by the way, TsiBoom also offer unlimited rice and iced tea just like Boosog.

    On our way back, we noticed the fireworks of Ayala. So we stopped the car somewhere in Reclamation Area to watch it.  It took about more that 20 minutes to be over, It was the longest fireworks display I've ever witnessed.   With that and the traffic, it was enough to get us set for desserts!

    We went to Coffeecat in IT Park. The place was bright and warmly lit and the music was soothing. We went directly to the counter and got Caramel and Mochachip Avalanche, Cinnamon Roll, Coffee Rum Cake and Yogo with 3 toppings(strawberry, cherry and walnuts).

Caramel Avalanche

Mochachip Avalanche

Coffee Rum Cake

Cinnamon Roll

Yogo Premium Frozen Yogurt

    Their Caramel Avalanche was sweet, creamy and you can really taste the caramel.  Paz and Stick said it tastes like a coffee candy.  The Mochachip Avalanche was a bit bitter for me, they're really generous on the amount of chochips they put in it.  The Coffee Rum cake got a mixed review from us, me and Paz liked it but not Stick.  It was like a chiffon cake soaked in a black coffee with rum.  The Cinnamon Roll was soft and one of the best for me because of its creamy cream on top.  We also like their premium frozen yogurt.  You can eat it without any toppings, it's that good.  But also not cheap.

    So that was how we spent our Sinulog.  I really hope we're going to be on the streets next year. Pit Senyor!

TsiBoom Native Restaurant
G/F Parkmall
168 Ouano Avenue, Mandaue Reclamation Road
+63-32-2364147

CoffeeCat
G/F eBloc Tower Building
Asiatown IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City


No comments:

Post a Comment